It's times like this that reassure me, 3's enough!
Might as well start at the top. Lauren was home from school yesterday w/ a fever and chills. And now, I'm sitting on the couch listening to her cough every 30 seconds w/ that annoying cough that no matter what you give them or what position you try to get them into, it just won't stop!!! I hate that cough. Going to be a long night w/ her.
#2 is on her second antibiotic in 5 days. She came home from school last Tuesday w/ a fever and chills. The fever stayed until Saturday when we finally decided enough was enough and took her in. She tested positive for Influenza B and strep throat. Did I mention she lost 6 pounds! When you consider her size, that's a significant percentage of weight loss. (On a side note: I proceeded to drink out of every glass, eat off every fork and even slept on her pillow one night, but did NOT obtain the same percentage of weight loss w/ her diet strategy! Darn the luck!)
Back to school she goes on Monday. Tuesday night she starts complaining that her ear hurts. She proceeds to be up all night screaming in pain. 10 am Wednesday, her ear finally pops and since then, has been draining puss and fluids out of her ear like a waterfall. Called the doc (and Jenn Archer!), and so he changed her meds and puts her on ear drops. But still tonight, the poor thing isn't doin so hot.
Sigh.............#3. She spiked a fever last Thursday at daycare. Took her in as well on Saturday w/ Reese. Shocker!!! Influenza B as well! Did I mention there were 2 Influenza B signs, 2 pneumonia signs, 1 RSV sign and 2 strep throat signs on her door at daycare! I actually feel lucky to get out of there w/ just the flu! So she's on medicine too!
My kitchen window sill looks like a darn pharmacy! I'm tired. The kids are tired. Troy's well, he's doing ok in that department! Just kidding honey! He was actually up all night Tuesday w/ Reese's ear ache cause I was out of town for work. Dad of the year! It's about time tho. Pretty sure he's slept thru the last 7 years of sickness!
I know we aren't the only family out there battling these fun times, so if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to survive this wonderful phase of life and not look like a zombie at work, let me know! I could use a few suggestions these days!
I'm so sorry they are all sick. That is no fun. We are right there with you...sick of being sick, that's for sure. Hang in there, spring is right around the corner...or so I keep telling myself.
ReplyDelete