Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring is FINALLY here!

Well, it's only been about a month since my last post. No excuse, I just simply didn't have much to post about and have been a little preoccupied. Either way, I'm back. But probably not for long. The baby is due in 16 days, but I'm hoping to get induced in 12 days. After he/she gets here, I'm gonna guess my blogs might be a little short for a while also. But, I'll do my best to get pics out there of the little one.

Anyway, here are some pictures from Easter. I don't have to many as our Easter was a little different from years past. Troy's grandma turned 80 this year, so his extended family had a get together in Des Moines. Troy gave me the most wonderful present in years.....TWO WHOLE DAYS HOME ALONE! He and the girls left on Friday morning and got home late Saturday night. It was an amazing couple days, relaxing and having me time. I was able to watch a couple chick flicks, spent quite a bit of time washing bottles, bedding, toys, etc. getting ready for the baby. But by Saturday night, I was more than ready for them to come home. Seriously, what did we do before we had kids!?!?!?




















Easter Sunday was very nice and relaxing as well. We went to church early, slightly afraid the 10:00 mass might be a little long for our blessed second born who 99% of the time asks "Mom, how much longer?" just as Father is giving his opening prayer! After mass, we went out for breakfast as a family and came home w/ nothing on our agenda other than to wait for Grandma & Grandpa to arrive home from Arizona!

Mom and dad pulled into our driveway about 7 that night to surprise the girls which was a wonderful way to end the day.

This weekend we didn't have much on the agenda either (notice a trend here?). I just haven't been feeling very comfy the last couple weeks, and hanging out at home in my fat pants is about the only place I care to be lately. We did go out for our "last supper" Friday night w/ Paula and Jason to Tony Roma's. It was very nice but w/ one 8 1/2 month pregnant lady and another 4 1/2 month pregnant lady, needless to say the night didn't get to twazy! I think we were home and in bed by 9:45! HA!

The girls had a great weekend playing outside. I don't think they came in once yesterday. Which resulted in Reese passing out on the couch at 7:40 last night. Lauren proved to be a trooper tho, staying outside w/ the neighbors until after 10. And yes, she has been VERY tired today.

The neighborhood girls had their first lemonade stand today. It was so cute. They were SO excited. It was like a bunch of little entrepreneurs w/ all these ideas on how to make this even more successful.....which I do have to say, they made over $17. So we either have very thrifty neighbors or we really need to push these girls into business school at a young age!!!






1 comment:

  1. We appreciate the "twazy" reference. Hang in there - only a couple of weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete