Monday, November 1, 2010

A Pig, A Princess & A Pirate.....Oh My!!!

What do a pirate, a princess and a pig all have in common??? Not much really, except for the fact that these were the costumes my children picked out for Halloween this year!!! Lauren is getting to that fun age where she wants to be something fun and different. Reese still makes me spend countless money on another stupid princess outfit, even tho we already have $387 dollars worth of princess outfits in the basement. And Paige, well, in keeping w/ tradition, didn't really have a choice but to be the most adorable pig this side of the Mississippi!

Every year I have high aspirations that my pumpkin is going to be one of those pumpkins people are amazed at. But, every year the disappointment seems to get bigger when I realize Reese probably could have done as good of a job if I let her carve the thing herself!



Lauren's costume turned out great. She was very much into this pirate thing, practicing her pirate growl for weeks in advance. I was tempted to let her attach a bottle of Captain to her belt buckle but decided that, even tho VERY entertaining, probably wouldn't be very responsible of me.

A very rehearsed, posed picture of my princess in purple. If any of you happen to run into Reese over the course of the next couple weeks, please inform her that wearing white sweat pants under a purple princess costume does NOT in fact make you look like a dork!!! (I'll let your imagination determine how THAT conversation went!) (Also, if any of you were to run into me over the course of the next couple weeks, please remind me that praying for patience on a daily basis when dealing w/ this child does not make me a bad mother.)

Ok, so flashback to 2004. Lauren was almost 1 year old and this was her first Halloween. What costume does a first time mom buy for her daughter? An adorable princess costume? Heck no! We buy PIGS in this family!!! And every child from that moment on was doomed w/ the most adorable pig costume this side of the Mississippi!

Lauren Marie, 11 months old:

Reese Olivia, 9 months old:

And last but definitely not least, Paige Abigail, 6 months old:


The girls and I walked around the neighborhood w/ the Hillebrand girls. While the girls went trick or treating, we went trick or drinking. Aside from the fact that the moms almost ruined the evening by a slight run in w/ the police, while carrying an open container of beer on a public street, everything went very smoothly!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! I think the girls had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute costumes! I love seeing all 3 girls as pigs, and I had to crack up about Reese wanting a new princess costume when you already have so many princess outfits. Gotta love girls, right?! :-)

    ReplyDelete