Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jodi & Tom's Wedding

My good friend, Jodi Wilhelm, got married this weekend and I just happened to be bridesmaid #5. It was an honor to be a part of her day. She was the most beautiful bride I think I've ever seen. Her dress was absolutely perfect for her and she looked stunning in it. Tom is a very lucky guy.



Jodi and I have known each other since I moved to Dyersville when I was 5. We grew up in the same neighborhood playing everything from Ghost in the Graveyard to crick stomping behind her house. There weren't many summer days we didn't spend together.

The ironic thing about our relationship is that the man I would eventually marry, 20+ years after meeting Jodi, was her cousin. Jodi's mom and Troy's dad are brother and sister. Small world, huh! To think that my kids and Jodi's kids are cousins is pretty neat, considering Lauren idolizes Jodi's daughter Leigha! Lauren even had the honor of handing out programs, which made her feel like pretty big stuff!



I love when ya have a wedding in the family, cause it always provides for great family picture opportunities with everyone all dressed up and looking nice! Most of our other family pics are w/ t-shirts and shorts!



This wedding was extra fun for Troy and I because both our families were there. Even my brother Ted and his wife were there, because Tom (the groom) is Ted's wife's cousin. Like I said, small world.



Poor Shana.....she's 4 months pregnant and had to put up w/ me, the drunken sister-in-law! She was a trooper tho!


When Jodi and I turned 14, a girl by the name of Jenny Wagner entered the scene, riding her black Razz moped. And the rest they say is history. The three of us developed an unlikely bond that summer. Jodi, the straight A student, Jenny, the drama club president, and me, the athlete. But it's a friendship that has survived and one I plan to be a part of forever.


Congrats Tom & Jodi...I'm so glad I was able to be part of your special day! You are an amazing couple and I wish you years of happiness!




1 comment:

  1. So many great photos of all of you, Jen! You and the girls look so pretty all dressed up! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete