Every year, the girls and I take our annual 10 day trip to Arizona to visit my parents. It's always a wonderful way to break up the winter (and basketball season) for all of us. But unfortunately, w/ being 33 weeks pregnant this year, it just wasn't going to work out. So instead, we decided to have a little family get together in Peoria, which is a middle ground for meeting my brother and his family from St. Louis! Mom and dad flew in Friday and the girls and I went to meet them. It was a great weekend. The kids got to do everything they wanted....which was SWIM all weekend long!
Unfortunately, Troy wasn't able to join us due to ball, so Grandpa was in overdrive the whole weekend playing dad to multiple grandkids, making sure they enjoyed every minute in the pool. I'm pretty sure he'll sleep for 2 days straight when he gets back to Arizona!

I don't know what it is about little kids in goggles, but I can't help myself but take blackmail pics like this! What goofballs!!!

Grandpa of the year! (The poor guy doesn't even know how to swim!)



Ring around the rosey......we all fall down! (Except Grandma!)




We also celebrated Reese and Chloe's 4th birthday. Reese turned 4 January 18th, and Chloe turned 4 February 8th. The two of them play so good together. They are like 2 pees in a pod, buddy buddy the entire time.
Dianne, Chloe's mom, made an amazing Cinderella cake for the girls too. They loved it! (Much better than my store boughten Hy-Vee cake!)

All the Steger cousins: Kaitlyn (10), Reese (4), Lauren (6), Maddie (6), Chloe (4) & Ben (6). Missing is Ted's youngest, Megan.






Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. That's too bad that you weren't able to go to Arizona this year, (although the reason is a great one) but so nice that your parents flew in to meet you guys for the weekend. And I agree...your Dad should get some kind of award or something...what a great Dad/Grandpa.
ReplyDelete